I was watching the newest Colbert Report and found a little detail that satisfies my nerd senses.
Ugh… Miniature painting is haaaard. It is my first time doing this. I need to work more on that miniature because it looks like crap at the moment.
The end of the latest Game of Thrones episode made me so happy. I was anticipating it the whole time.
I bought recently a new D&D miniature because the DM doesn’t have a wizard that looks how I imagine my character. It wasn’t very expensive, even when the miniature came from the USA. 5€ isn’t too much. The figure is pretty close to my expectations. My wizard uses an orb to cast his spells but it doesn’t bother me much that he hasn’t one. I’m considering removing the staff while it is still unpainted.
Speaking of the paint: Why is paint so expensive? I knew that Warhammer-enthusiasts pay a lot of money for their miniatures and paint but I didn’t realize how expensive my project can become. All the colors I need sum up to at least 25€ (new non-Games-Workshop colors). I’ll ask some friends who know some people who can sell me their scraps. I don’t need much paint so the rests will suffice.
Also: “My Normal-Sized Ponies” in the background
thetypeofpony just reached a hundred followers so I think it’s time to celebrate a little. I’d like to say thanks to all of you! Soooooo.. it’s giveaway time now.
One of you will get a bright lime green T-Rex, sewn by me:
He stands about 16cm tall and is made out of high quality minky.
And another one of you will receive this little fella’:
He too is made out of minky, sewn by me and about 17cm long and 8cm tall.
If you’d like to see some bigger photos, head over to my deviantArt and have a look!
- Giveaway starts right now, I will draw the two winners on thursday, april 10th at 6pm, CEST. So that’s three days from now.
- Like or reblog this post to enter the pool. Like AND reblog will give you two entries, however reblogging multiple times won’t get you any additional entries.
- If you’re under 18 please speak with your parents before entering.
- Winners will be chosen by random number generator.
- After the drawing I’ll contact you via ask so make sure that it’s open. You got 48h to reply; if I don’t get an answer I’ll draw another winner.
- I will ship worldwide and I will pay for shipping but obviously you have to be okay with sending me your address.
Alright, that should be it. Easy-peasy! If you have any questions or concerns just send me an ask.